Re: Help & advise on using WML constructs to create pages.

	Hey.

Am Sonntag, den 28.10.2007, 21:08 +0000 schrieb Steve Kemp:
> Right section of the website beneath [english]/security/audit is a little
>  out of date.  It is primarily out of date because the information contained
>  there is contained in the HTML, and that makes keeping it current harder
>  than it should be.

 What exactly do you mean with "right section"? Am a bit puzzled about
that.

>   Looking over the WML which is used in similar parts of the Debian
>  tree I see code like this:
>
> <:= get_recent_list ('.', '0', '$(ENGLISHDIR)/security/2007', '', 'dsa-\d+' ) :>
>   I can see roughly what that is doing, but I'm a little confused
>  about how I could make it work for me.  (Also I can't see any documentation
>  on this function; or other ones that I might want to use..?)

 It is due to the using of
#use wml::debian::recent_list
and the file english/template/debian/recent_list.wml in which this perl
function is coded out. Said that, you can implement near to everything
with some tricky perl code, like grepping through the DSAs and take
those that match 'security.*audit' or similar, though things that would
run longer like querying the BTS, if you are refering to the lists of
bugs and want to automatically extract their informations too, should be
not get done in a webwml run but in a seperate cronjob and then on the
webwml run only parse the data in a file written by the other job.

>   Taking the example it seems to read form the current directory ".",
>  and only include files matching the pattern "dsa-[0-9]+".  But how
>  are the links created?  I see in the .wml files referenced things
>  like this:
>
> <define-tag description>insecure temporary files</define-tag>
>
>   Are the 'description' and 'pagetitle' tags the only ones used in these
>  lists?  Can I get more control?

 Definitely, but you will have to tweak the get_recent_list function.
Please be extremely careful with it, it's used very widely across the
site and people might get angry if you break it.

 So long,
Rhonda