Re: Debian Wiki: Give your opinion

[ Dropping debian-devel-french ... ]

On 20-10-2007 23:02, Salokine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working to propose a portals tree on Debian Wiki. the goal of these hub
> pages is to organize and to structure the Wiki.
>
> I would like this structure more coherent and understandable as possible for
> readers.
>
> Give your ideas in:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWikiConventionsDiscussion#portal-structure

	That's really nice. I have a few comments:

1) I would use a more strict wording in the policy, specially with regards
   to use or not CamelCase or to use or not underlines, if the idea is to
   be consistent, we should clearly *not* recommend something, like, use
   CamelCase and avoid "_".

2) The translation should use the subdirectories approach, similar to
   PortugueseBR, it makes it easier to build consistency (same page names)
   and allow easier integration with some sort of tool in the future like
   po4a.

3) For knowledge indicator, just drop the "non star" version, use only
   three levels with at least one star. :-)

> Look at this example:
> http://wiki.debian.org/FrontPage/PortalProposal
>
> Could you read and suggest some improvements and ideas ?

	I like the PortalProposal but I think it has a better chance to
get adopted if you really map the current FrontPage to the Proposal, or
is it your intention to drop all the links?

> I hope you to give me constructive answer in this mailling-list or directly on
> the Wiki.
>
> Thanks.
> Salokine.

	Hope this helps.