Who's using Debian?

1. Name of organization (in the form of division, organization, country). An
example is: AI Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA

	Vermont Department of Taxes, State of Vermont, USA

2. Organization type (educational, non-profit, commercial, government)

	government

3. (optional) Home page link

	http://www.state.vt.us/tax/

4. A paragraph or two describing how your organization uses Debian. Try to
include details such as the number of workstations/servers, the software
they run, and why you chose Debian over the competition.

We use Debian GNU/Linux to fill various roles within our organization.
Debian GNU/Linux powers our developer server. The system runs trac and
subversion very well. Both applications as well as system logins are
configured to authenticate against an Active Directory Domain.

Debian also powers our web application hosting environment. We currently
have 5 systems running JBoss and 5 systems running MySQL. We also have a
Debian powered load balancer running pen.

The main reason for choosing Debian over other distributions is the package
management, number of available packages, ease-of-use, stability, amount of
quality documentation, and cost.

--
Tom Cort
Systems Developer