Re: Doubts and Ideas

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:23:26AM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> >> This means that we have to copy & paste the entries into the
> >> webwml/english/CD/vendors.CD file in CVS, *manually* sort the list,
> >
> > This manual sorting bugs me. We should definitely be able to throw
> > new entries at the bottom of the list, and have WML sort them for us.
> >
> > Let's implement the equivalent of mirror/Mirrors.masterlist for CD vendors?
>
> 	I would vote for it, seems to be similar.
>
> > I seem to recall *some* ancient reason against it, but I can't remember
> > which.
>
> 	Maybe it will popup again. :-)

I think it was something about that database import script that relied on
current vendors.CD file format, and something about sorting. We can scrap
the former because I don't think a separate database is used any more
(seeS?), and the latter can be addressed by Denis and other WML hackers
should the need arise.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.