Re: Like on page 3.1r3 points to 3.1r2

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 03:42:14PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
>[ adding -release to ask for an ETA of the images ]
>
>Hi!
>
>* andrey i. mavlyanov <aim@aim.pp.ru> [060903 18:39]:
>> > On the page http://www.debian.org/releases/sarge/debian-installer/
>> > the test say's:
>> >  To install Debian GNU/Linux 3.1r3 (sarge), download any of the following
>> > images:
>> > but the links pint to:
>> > http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r2/i386/iso-cd/debian-31r2-i386-netinst.iso
>> > Is the name only wrong or is the link wrong ?
>> 3.1r3 iso images still not available from cdimage.debian.org that's why
>> links points to the previous release.
>
>Perhaps we should add a small text, something like "Due to the deeper
>changes than usual (new debian-installer with new kernel) new CD and DVD
>images are still being build and tested.  Therefore the links below
>still point to 3.1_r2 images.  Please be patient with us, while we
>ensure the high quality you can expect from Debian.  You can still use
>the 3.1_r2 images, and run and dist-upgrade against a mirror."
>
>Or perhapts something shorter?  Do we have an ETA for the images?

They're *almost* ready; there were 3 causes of delay:

 * r3 needed a couple more local tweaks in debian-cd

 * r3 is bigger than expected, so needed several more runs to allow me
   to fine-tune the DVD sizes in particular

 * the build machine suffered hardware failure part-way through the
   run creating netinst/business card CDs

I was hoping to be past all of those, but I've just noticed a bug in
source CD#1 that will need fixing. I expect to have all the CDs and
DVDs ready tonight (UK time).

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer