Re: Apache delivering the wrong file

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 04:57:01PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> That's sufficient and even works with Apache 1.3.  Wonderful!
>
> Do we have a framework to tell the mirrors that they should alter their
> webserver configuration?

Not to my knowledge. You could put the information on
<http://www.debian.org/mirror/webmirror>, but I doubt anyone will care.

So... another try at fixing the problem: Rename the files such that we
have:

foo.html.en
foo.html.de
foo.ics

and then link to the HTML content as "foo.html", not "foo". MultiViews will
ignore the .ics file.

As an added advantage of this scheme, old links to the pages (from external
sites or elsewhere on debian.org) will continue to work in most browsers.

You'll have to do a little hacking somewhere in index.include. Changing the
order of the extensions might becomem a bit ugly in the Makefile... hm,
maybe renaming the .ics file would be easier.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯