Re: Incomplete Makefile dependencies

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 09:12:19PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> pages in http://www.debian.org/vote/2005/platforms use
> english/vote/style.inc but after an update of style.inc there is no
> rebuild.
>
> Since the Makefile simple includes $(WMLBASE)/Make.lang I'm not sure how
> to add a dependence.

There are a few possible methods:

1) Add a rule in Makefile (see e.g. vote/2005/Makefile the rule for
   index.wml)- but you need to do this for many directories
   under vote/ -> clumsy

2) Add a special rule in Makefile.common (see the rules for CD/ for
   example). Nobody will ever find this again ;) -> somewhat clumsy

3) Move the CSS stuff to debian.css (or a seperate vote.css) and patch
   the files to use that. This will remove the need to rebuild the files
   -> good (IMHO at least)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>