Re: I don't understand News/2000/20000216.wml

Hi,

From: Jens Seidel <tux-master@web.de>
Subject: Re: I don't understand News/2000/20000216.wml
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:42:35 +0100

> As far as I understand it means something similar to
> "Scan.pm y2k problem Date: fixed missing message's date
>  (was incorrect in 2000 or later)."

I found the following description in the changelog of im:

> 135 (2000/01/05) mew-dist release
>
> * Y2K fixes for broken year and no Date: field.
>         SAITO Tetsuya <saito@Mew.org>

Though the version (135) is very different from the Debian page's
description (1:100-3), I found the following mail (Japanese) and
I think it is the original bug report.

   http://www.mew.org/ml/mew-dist-1.94/msg01382.html

Here is a digest of the mail:

   My name is Hosono.

   When a message doesn't have "Date:" field and the date
   (I - Kubota - guess it means the date when im is invoked)
   is 2000, a problem occur.  The year is displayed as "100",
   like following:

   31  100/01/01                      Re: [linux-users:63039] Re: PCMCIA...

   Here I post a tiny patch to fix this problem.  This patch
   has been already applied to the im package of Kondara MNU/Linux
   distribution.

Here I think the meaning of the sentence is clear.  I propose
to rewrite the sentence in the wml file like following:

   Scan.pm y2k problem: Messages without "Date:" fields will
   be processed wrongly in 2000 or later.

> KUBOTA, what about changing the indentation of the colons? The Japanese
> file looks in konqueror similar to:
> package        : im
> version        : 1:100-3
> architectures: all
> issue              : Scan.pm y2k problem Date: filed missing message's

Please see the page using Japanese-enabled environment.  The colons
are already well aligned.  I imagine your browser cannot handle
doublewidth characters.

> PS: Three weeks ago I sent you two mails related to wrong URLs in Japanese
> translation. You never replied ... I tried to fix most of these already
> but it would be easier if I could speak Japanese :-))

Is the message sent me directly, or to debian-www?  I could not find
a direct message to me.  I am afraid I lost the message among spams....

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/