Re: Debian News RSS Feed

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 06:01:58PM +0900, Nobuhiro IMAI wrote:
> I implemented the RSS Feed for Debian Weekly News with wml and
> <perl>. Similar scheme was found at security/dsa*.rdf.in, I just
> modeled on it. There are 2 new files (english/News/weekly/dwn.rdf.in
> and english/template/debian/weeklynews/rdf.wml) and patch against the
> english/News/weekly/Makefile.
>
> dwn.rdf.in contains the whole of the current issue, as described
> in CURRENT-ISSUE-IS. Each item does not have a parmlink, so all
> rdf:about attributes are just same, however, this attribute seems to
> be necessary. It may be better to add such as index.??.html, but this
> would be the function of content negotiation, I guess.
[...]
> Please test and give me your comments and suggestions.

I have not yet tested it, but a few thoughts too the general idea.
1) the URI of an issue should be definetly its URL, like
   http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/<year>/<issue>/. I wouldn't add
   index.<lang>.html to that. It's the same issue, just other translations
   of it.
2) Want we really to include the whole issue in the feed? Is this a
   usual practise (I'm not a heavy RSS user)?
3) I think we should include several issues in the feed, not just the
   current one.
4) We should use the SUMMARY, editor and translator info and and add
   it to the feed.

More when I have tested the code. I will also try to actually implement
some of my ideas ;)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>