How does debian website internationalization work?

Hello there! I'm writting this mail as a GNOME translator and debian
user/fan.
I'm very interested in the debian website internationalization system,
since that could be very sapid for the GNOME project website as well :).
I appreciate very much how it works. Browsing the debian website is a
real pleasure.

How does it work, statically or dynamically? Who maintains the codebase?
Who can I contact if I have further questions?

regs,
 Chris