Re: Proposed devel/wnpp patch

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 12:59:29AM +0200, Pierre Machard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 07:29:01PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 10:39:07PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > > I've reworked the generation of the devel/wnpp pages. My first intention
> > > was to remove the need to access the bts2ldap gateway for each language.
> > > My version generates one wnpp.data file which is then included by the
> > > individual pages. You can also translate all strings in the page (the
> > > time statements have been non-translatable so far).
> >
> > Committed. All translations will be broken until the split of their
> > wnpp.wml into the small files is done, but should not be too much work
> > since the set of strings to translate is small.
>
> It seems that you introduced a bug with Bug Nr and #. By ex,
> on the page http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/wnpp/being_packaged
>
> links to the ITP is bad
>
> you have http://bugs.debian.org/#203188 instead of
> http://bugs.debian.org/203188
>
> This problem seems to occur on each different pages. Could you remove
> the sharp in the begining of the bug number ?

Don't know how I overlooked that... But this was actually a tricky bug
to find so I will share some experience here:

Observation 1: All bug numbers that have 6 digits have a leading # but not
bugnumbers that have 5 digits.
Observation 2: There is no place in the code where a # is prepended to
anything!

Method: Build the file pass by pass (-p1, then p1,2, ...) and look where
the # get added.

Solution: Pass 7 it is! From the man page:
<quote>
In this pass some commonly known HTML markup code fix­
ups are done.  For instance missing "WIDTH" and
"HEIGHT" attributes for all "IMG" tags are calculated
and added, "ALT" tags are added where missing, missing
`"#"' characters in front of hextriple color
attributes are added,</quote>

AHA!

Sometimes magic behavior can be very confusing...
For now I disabled that part of magic so it should build fine now.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/