Re: translation of past DSA.

Hi,

Thanks for your useful suggestions, Alfie. And I'm sorry for my
delayed reply.

From: Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@ist.org>
Subject: Re: translation of past DSA.
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:08:25 +0100

> * Nobuhiro IMAI <nov@yo.rim.or.jp> [2004-02-27 18:43]:
> > I wonder whether this is worth thing to do or not. Do you have any
> > suggestions?
>
>  It is your effort that you like to put in, of course. Personally from
> looking at the japanese stats[1] I (personally) would suggest to
> translate these things:

I see. I started to convert from the flash reports to wml bit by
bit. And,

>  events/*.wml -- they help people that like to organize events in japan,
> too. Maybe the current events pages from 2004 and 2003 make sense, too
> (depending on if japanese Debian users are willing to travel around to
> events, of course).

events/*.wml are to be a nice idea. I would start with admin, booth,
checklist and so on. I'd also translate from time to time an
announcement of upcoming events, if I have plenty of time.

>  ports/ and things below. It would help people interesting in the
> various ports of Debian who aren't that fluent english speakers to get
> pulled into porting (wish thinking, I know).
>
>  Translated doc/ pages should help Japanese users quite well.
>
>  Some of the devel/<subproject>/ pages might be valueable, too.

Although these are also useful as a result, these require somewhat
technical skills, I guess. It'll be a long term plan.

>  What I guess would be *really* nice is if you request write access for
> the SPI-pages[2] and update those. There are 22 pages in that CVS that
> needs japanese attention, and I guess some other pages in there are
> valueable, too. Bug Joy or Wiggy about it, if you like cvs write access
> over there (and yes, this isn't limited to japanese; other translation
> teams are encouraged to take a look at those pages, too).

I looked at those pages and had an impression that English pages were
not changed so often. I would try to update the Japanese pages.

Josip Rodin or Wichert Akkarman, would you please contact me if you'd
like to give me cvs write access permission on the SPI-pages
repository?

regards,
--
Nobuhiro IMAI <nov@yo.rim.or.jp>
Key fingerprint = F39E D552 545D 7C64 D690  F644 5A15 746C BD8E 7106