Who's using Debian

Type:
educational

Homepage-link:
http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/Medizin/Neurologie

Why:
We run a handful of workstations on a slightly customized Woody (e.g.
2.4.20-openMosix-kernel). These machines mainly do very I/O- and
CPU-intensive image-processing using SPM and Matlab. Another server does FTP
and SSH-accounting as well as serving as NFS-repository.

We choose Debian because we were in need of a _really_ stable base for our
research where even a small project takes an enourmous amount of time and
nerves and of course because the ease of updating packages, security issues
and the feeling of reliability and concept I got over the years using Debian
personally.

Regards
Markus Schatzl