Re: language autodetection: subsets like de-AT

* webograph <webograph@eml.cc> [2003-04-14 14:31]:
> if someone comes to debian.org and has only his regional language-subset
> installed, but not the 2-letter-language (for example, de-AT and not
> de), the site is displayed in the default language - in english. since
> in most languages one text can be used for every language subset, i
> would suggest to instruct the language autodetection system to ignore
> this subset information.

 Great.  Are you going to send in the patch?

 It's not like this wasn't requested before, or like we wouldn't have
thought about it already.  Unfortunately apache doesn't allow that (and
it wouldn't be "right" according to the content negotiation
documentation, iirc).  There were some discussions some few months ago
about this topic which seemed quite encouraging that this can be fixed.
Those discussions unfortunately silenced....

 Does anyone have an idea what happened to that?
Alfie
--
  * Hey.. who's this uploading a galeon package... could it be...
    THE MAINTAINER OF GALEON!  stop the presses