Unidentified subject!

Cc Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr>
Subject: webwml/english/mirror/Mirrors.masterlist
From: Tomohiro KUBOTA <debian@tmail.plala.or.jp>

Hi,

I replaced many 8bit characters by SGML entities in
Mirrors.masterlist file.  Though I wrote "Please don't
use local character sets", it doesn't mean that "please
don't use local characters".  Here, I wanted to mean,
for example, ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-5, EUC-JP, and so on
by "local character sets" and accented alphabets, greeks,
cyrillics, kanji, and so on by "local characters".
The reason not to use "local character sets" is to avoid
encoding conflict between translated files (written in,
for example, ISO-2022-JP) and the local character set
(for example, ISO-8859-1) which cannot co-exist in one file.
Sorry for using confusing words.

There is a way to use "local characters" without using
"local character sets" -- it is SGML entity (including
&#xxxx; where xxxx means UTF-8 codepoint) because SGML
entity itself is written within ASCII and doesn't conflict
against translated HTML files.

Josip, you don't need to remove SGML entities from the
file.  On the other hand, since local characters (like
accented characters) can be used in the file, other local
characters (for example, greeks, cyrillics, kanji) can be
used in the file.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/