Re: Debian-based distros in a new page?

        Hi!

 I removed Javier and Treacy from Cc-list for I know that they are on the
list, but I'm not sure about Raphael.  Gee, I wish everyone would use

* Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> [2002-09-12 10:21]:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 04:33:22PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
>> spelling and grammar. I do have two questions though. Should we keep the
>> historical (not produced anymore) distros? Second, the section on Corel
>
> 	IMHO yes. It's important to know both what happens and what
> happened. We could probably, though, make a new list with "Historical
> distributions" and add them in.

 I would also say keep 'em.  We also keep the hamm pages, don't we?  The
idea about seperating the active distros from the historical is a good
one, though.

 One thing that bugged me a little bit when I translated the file is the
part about Demolinux.  While translating it I got the impression that I
am writing about Knoppix.  They also changed from a different
distribution to Debian, I think even at the same version number.  Is
this demolinux really not just a rip off from Knoppix?  Is it real, is
it it's own?  While reading that part I can't really believe this....

 Well, that said, the part about "probably the best distribution to use
if you want to just give Linux a try" -- don't get me wrong but I guess
Knoppix is just as good.  Did anyone try both and compared them
somewhere?  I am not really sure if we should propose Demolinux over
Knoppix (or the other way round), IMHO we shouldn't take a position in
that decision.

 Just a thought,
Alfie
--
I'd rather listen to Newton than to Mundie. He may have been dead for almost
three hundred years, but despite that he stinks up the room less.