Re: "cvs log" segfaulting?

* Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no> [2002-07-15 16:19]:
> * Gerfried Fuchs
> |  You should not have a space between -r and the argument if you want the
> | log for a special revision.  "cvs log -r1.50 about.wml" works just fine.
> | It is *really* a pity that "cvs log -r <file>" segfaults but that
> | doesn't seem to be high priority for the cvs maintainer.
>
> give me a patch and it'll be fixed. :)

 There is just a problem with that (what seems to be a) reasonable
response: I am not familar with the cvs source.  I am not that familar
with debugging stuff so I could track that problem down.

 Yes, it is nice to be able to say: "Hey, you have the source, go fix it
yerself." but it is a PITA to have to get familar with the source while
there are others that *are* (or should?) be familar with the source
already who could track that problem down in no time.  If you have an
idea where the problem might be I might be willing to check that
particular code even while still you should be able to fix it in shorter
time than me for you should be familar with it.

 If it would be about features that are not that valueable and promently
and well documented (like in O'Reillys Pocket Reference) I wouldn't care
that much. I don't know if that feature works with RedHat/SuSE or such.
If it does, it leaves us with even more bad reputation...

 Thank you very much for your valueable input.
Alfie
--
If I lived in a country that still adhered to non-standard and non-metric
units of measurement and that promoted MM-DD-YYYY as an acceptable date