Status of new i18n scheme

Hello,

I am still testing the new proposed scheme for translations, and the
only remaining problem I found is with $(...) variables, since they are
evaluated before <gettext> call.
Thus I will change
  <define-tag returnline whitespace=delete>
  </define-tag>
into
  <define-tag returnline whitespace=delete>
    <printf
       "$(HOME)/"
     />
  </define-tag>

This <printf> tag must of course handle $ extension, i.e.
  <printf "%2$s %1$s" foo bar />
gives
  bar foo

Here is a new roadmap:
  * release mp4h 1.3.0 this week-end
  * create <lang>/po/ directory with a Makefile and an initial
    (and up to date) templates.<lang>.po file
  * translators check that everything works fine
  * if woody is released, www-master is upgraded and mp4h 1.3.0
    is installed on it, then convert english/templates/debian/* files

Denis