the top logo .jpg -> .png?

Hi,

In my front page sketches I also did one more thing -- replaced the
openlogo-nd-50.jpg with its PNG version. The PNG is better because it
doesn't have the ugly JPEG fuzziness around the image, yet it's five times
smaller (3.9 KB vs. 759 B).

We've been using the PNG on the CD web pages for a while now, and I don't
think anyone has complained about it. It's pretty logical, people who use a
graphical browser don't use prehistoric versions that don't support PNGs,
and people who use a non-graphical browser don't see the image anyway.

Are there any objections to making all the web pages use the PNG version?

BTW I'll think about converting the "debian" text at the top to PNG, too.
Its fuzziness doesn't look nearly as bad as the one on the swirl, but we
would still probably gain a bit on the file size if it's done properly.
Now if only I could figure out how to add transparency with Gimp...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.