Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by atterer: webwml/english/CD Makefile index.wml releases/ ...

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 00:46:09 +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:

>> This change seems to require a translated /CD/releases/ directory (I
>> just translated it to avoid the problem - but was going to anyway).
>
>IMHO it's acceptable if only the first paragraph of /CD/releases/ is
>translated - the older release notes are probably looked at by far
>fewer people.

I either translate everything on a page, or nothing at all.  In case of
the latter I am not going to copy anything to the translation's
directory.  Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to rely on a
certain page being available, at least not without saying so in a
README file.

But isn't it possible to get the information from English, if
/CD/releases/ isn't available in the current translation?

>(Still, the old notes must remain on the website because there are a
>lot of old Debian CDs out there, and from time to time people might
>still use them to install a new system.)

Indeed.  If I want to install Debian on a new system I usually just use
the first (potato) CD I can find in my pile of CDs...

--
Regards, Kaare - <http://www.nightcall.dk/>