automatic language selection

Your web pages' language being automaticaly selected is quite annoying since
it happens even after selecting a link from the english version. Just
because I live in Portugal doesn't mean I want to read a Brazzilian
Portuguese translation of your web pages. If I choose the english version
and then click a link within it the page is in brazzilian portuguese again,
this shouldn't happen . And I point out that Portuguese(Portugal) and
Portuguese(Brazil) are NOT the same thing, so if in my browser I selected
Portuguese(pt) as preferred language and that version isn't available the
page should be displayed in english. I think the best way would be to let it
be configured on the page like it's usually done and not based on browser
configuration.