Re: Password for CVS server?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 04:53:01PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > So here is the simple question: How do I get the CVS password so I can
> > download the page sources to my system here?
>
>  It's quite simple (at least it is what I read in the last time in
> here): You have to send a crypt passwd to Martin Schulze in a message
> that is signed with your key (or better - encrypted).  He will insert it
> into the file responsible for access.

Hey, Joey's not the demigod around here ;-P

Basically, any Debian developer in the webwml group can add someone to the
passwd file. But you do that without asking and you die. (Am I repeating
myself? :)) We also like people to add to the CVS version of the passwd file
when modifying the copy on klecker, so that there's a log.

Mart, here's an example for how to do it:

% dpkg -S =mkpasswd
whois: /usr/bin/mkpasswd
% mkpasswd
Password: [foo]
8Tzpu678MSx3I
% mkpasswd foo
I3d4DUzwjhorA

Send such a password to e.g. webmaster@debian.org (encrypted or not, it
doesn't really matter) and you'll have CVS access.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.