Re: Volunteering for Dutch translation?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:00:16 +0200
Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> wrote:

> Mart van de Wege wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Just got a mail from Martin Shulze to debian-l10dutch. I'm currently
> in
> > the process of reading the www developer documentation, but Martin's
> mail
> > implied that I should post here to volunteer to help with the Dutch
> > translation. Am I in the right place?
>
> Yes, you are.  I've sent a mail to the list because only 38 pages were
> translated into dutch out of which 17 are out-dated and I haven't seen
> any action since I joined the web droids (which is some months in the
> past now). [however, I just found a trace that somebody updated some
> dutch pages in march]
>
> Thus, I consider Egon MIA or TOO-BUSY so we'd need somebody who could
> actually commit some time to this task.  No offence Egon, but I'd like
> to get things done.  Web pages stating "Waarschuwing! Deze vertaling
> is te oud. Lees bij voorkeur het origineel." are not nice and don't
> look very well.
>
> Mart: please read http://www.debian.org/devel/website/ to find out how
> our web pages work.  For the moment please send updated pages to this
> list or to me personally until we install an account for you.

Ok,

No problem. We'll work something out. I intend to talk to Egon on IRC
tonight (Mon 30/7), and I'll spend the rest of the week reading the docs.
As I only started doing that on your first mail, I think I need some time
to get up to speed, but once I understand how things work, I should be
able to do a fair bit of work (I'm fluent in English and a 200 cps touch
typist, so that might help). Don't expect any new pages for the first week
or so, as I am busy as well. Once I have mirrored some stuff to my laptop
I can work during my daily commute and really get things done.

Mart

--
'Quoth the mailserver: 554!'