Re: Preventing committing conflicts

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 11:10:09PM +0300, Tommi Vainikainen wrote:
> Here is a patch to commit_prep2 to check conflicts and prevent
> commiting conflicts.  I don't dare to commit this myself, so if
> someone wants to verify this is correct and commit_prep2 really works
> after patching, (s)he can commit this one.  After committing also add
> "-c" parameter to commit_prep2 in commitinfo so it really checks for
> conflicts too.

This won't work.  You are checking for ^<<<<<<<$ and ^>>>>>>>$,
which will only match if the angle brackets are the only
characters on the line (which they weren't in the conflict I fixed
earlier today).  I think you need to allow for the filename or the
version number to appear at the end of the line.

Matt