Re: invalid address on vendors page

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 04:15:43PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 05:02:53PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Looks like a bug in WML 2.0.3, which is fixed in 2.0.4.
> Actually it is the way we code it that is wrong, however usnig URL tag
> has its own problems:
>
> gonzo$ cat test.wml
> #use wml::fmt::url
>
> <URL>http://localhost/blah?foo=1&bar=2</URL>
> gonzo$ wml test.wml
>
> Shouldn't <URL> run the words through a translate to htymlentities
> type filter?  If you replace & with &amp; it breaks the href.

Hi Craig,

indeed <url> must filter special chars.
OTOH there is a funny problem i never solved: you have to replace & with
&amp; even in the href attribute (try with validator.w3.org if you don't
believe me ;-)), and indeed it works with Lynx and Netscape.
But do all browsers accept this syntax?

> Also is there any way of setting a flag so wml knows that it should
> not play with stuff between <? and ?> wml does evil things to my php
> code sometimes.
> Like:
> <? print "<TABLE>"; ?>
>
> Boy does it have fun with that.

Everything between <protect> and </protect> is unchanged.

Denis