Re: translation-check revisited

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, peter@softwolves.pp.se wrote:

> However, coming to think about it, I think that this might have been
> the wrong approach; I think it would be better to centralize the
> decision on how old a version can be before it is considered aged in
> a database in translation-check, and use that instead (with the
> parameters as possible override, if needed).

Maybe those decisions could be made in original document.  Concrete
example: Someone corrects spelling mistake in english document, then
he adds marker to that document indicating that also translations for
old version are still up to date.  In some other day he removes three
paragraphs which are obsolete and replaces them with new
paragraph. That time he removes those marker indicating that also
old versions are up to date.  So, after this translation-check adds
disclaimer or removes translated page from www-server which are not
specifically up to date with this new translated version.

I hope you understood what I meant.  Of course, I don't know if this
would work.  It would add responbilities to english www-maintainers.

--
Tommi Vainikainen