> Connecting to www.debian.org:80... connected!
> HTTP request sent, fetching headers...
> 1 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> 2 Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:07:07 GMT
> 3 Server: Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) Debian/GNU
> 4 Vary: accept-language
> 5 Last-Modified: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 05:36:14 GMT
> 6 ETag: "38a807-24ad-3624384e"
> 7 Accept-Ranges: bytes
> 9 Connection: close
> 10 Content-Type: text/html
> 11 Content-Language: en
> 12 Expires: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:07:07 GMT
>
> For some oddball  reason I suspect that content negotiation or some such
> is causing apache to insert an expires immediately header in the output..
> Is this really necessary?? It makes the page uncachable.

Perhaps the reason is that proxies don't care about the accepted languages?

For example some other Debian users in my LAN don't linke to speak or
read in english (I can't understand that, but...) so they set their language
to DE.  The result is that whenever I access www.de.debian.org I get presented
a *german* page while I want to check out the english one.

My proxy is squid <2.0

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unix is user friendly ...  It's just picky about it's friends.