Re: Mirroing - Troubles

On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 11:14:35PM +0100, Georg Hitsch wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I d like to mirror the Web-Site, but if I mirror the debian.org-local -
> Tree, my mirror.pl gets crazy, because it tooks > 128 MB ...
>
> How do other mirror this tree - which program?

rsync was recommended to me and I've had no troubles with it at all.

I have this in my crontab

rsync -avz -e ssh --delete andrew@master.debian.org:/debian2/web/debian.org-local
 /var/spool/web/debian > /var/log/mirror/debian.org-local 2>&1

You need an account on master to mirror from master using rsync though.

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell
Perth, Western Australia			       andrew@it.net.au