Re: content negotiation for language in web pages

On Fri, Jan 30, 1998 at 01:12:06AM -0500, James A.Treacy wrote:
> This makes it quite difficult to have pages that work with both servers that do and
> do not support CN. Pages can do the following:
> 1. pages reference foo. Works great on a CN server. Doesn't work at all on a non-CN
>    server.
> 2. pages reference foo.html . In all cases foo.html will be served if it exists.
>    If it doesn't exist, a CN server will look for files with the language extensions
>    and a non-CN server will fail.
> 3. pages reference foo.html.<lang> . Works on all servers but obviates the need for
>    CN.

	Please note that number 3 does not work unless the servers sets the
	content-type of .html.<lang> to text/html. Otherwise it will be
	text/plain and.. we don't want that. So unless CN is possible, the files
	should either be separated to dirs or named .<lang>.html
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam | +358-50-5124907
f u cn rd ths, thn u cn rd perl 2 | rm -rf / && echo bye-bye. |           --tv