Re: Sorting on country names

James A. Treacy:

> I didn't consider this when I moved them. Separating the data from the
> text is supposed to improve things not go backwards.

Yeah, I know. The same problem exists in several other places where the
sorting is done on the English names.

> Since slices are handled in the last pass of wml, we can't use them in a
> sort function. We'd have to put the countries in a perl hash.

Can Perl be configured as to sort according to locale settings? The
iso-8859-1 set unfortunately does not have the Swedish letters in order so
that a direct string compare gives the correct order.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/