abbrevs used for country names

We should have standardized a long time ago. I'm currently
thinking we should standardize on the two letter iso3166
abbrevs for country names. The current functions can easily
be modified to use these and sed scripts used to make the
changes throughout the pages.

This will make it easier when importing files from outside
the web cvs as they won't necessarily use the same text for
expanded country names. But if I tell them to use the
iso3166 abbrevs, everything will be unambiguous.

Would people find this too disruptive or should I simply go
ahead and do it?

Please respond with agreement or disapproval.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org