List Archives thought

Here is a novel thought about the list archives..

There is a really nice site out there called geocrawler.com (a VA project
like themes.org) whos sole purpose is to archive mailing lists - in
particular they seem to focus on free software lists and projects.

Already they index almost all of our lists and they have a fairly nice CGI
interface to their database, anti-spam measures (something the LSB people
wanted from us) and probably a wack more things. They are also the
archiving engine for lists hosted on SourceForge.

So, my suggestion is, why don't we ditch our list archive software and
just partner with them? Or, alternatively, see if they will share their
CGIs with us (requires a volenteer!)

I'm mentioning this because there really seems to be no maintainer for our
list-archives :<

Jason