Will wml overwrite static pages?

I've put in a new WML page at webwml/english/ports/m68k/index.wml,
which is intended to replace some old web pages (in straight html)
that are coming from somewhere else.  Will the wml process
automatically bypass the old "index.html" when it runs, or do I need
to track down and remove the old page before it will work?

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence        |        Get Debian GNU/Linux CDROMs        |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>   |       http://www.lordsutch.com/cds/       |
|    Grad Student, Pol. Sci.    |    Are you tired of politics as usual?    |
|   University of Mississippi   |             http://www.lp.org/            |