Gender diversity and inclusiveness in Free Software

Hello!

I am Sruthi, I have been active in Free Software communities in India
for a couple of years now. I am a debian maintainer since Nov 2016.

As part of a Free Software event, I have proposed to do a session on
gender diversity and inclusiveness in Free Software.

As part of the research for the session, I found some resources and
studies available online. But most of them are old ones. I am sure most
of the points will still be relevant, but was wondering if there are
some new ones which I am missing out.

Once I dived into this topic, I feel that I should not stop with this
one session. I feel I should go deeper into this and do whatever I can
to reduce the gender gap.

It would be great if some of you can share your opinions and personal
experiences on the topic.