Re: Debian Women lunch @ DebConf 18

On 08/11/2018 01:34 PM, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
[...]
>>> For that, for now, we have the welcome team and its page and
>>> subpages:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.debian.org/Welcome
>>>
>>> And the irc channel #debian-welcome
>>
>> Quick help here:
>>
>> "#debian-welcome: Cannot join channel (Need to be identified and
>> verified to join this channel"
>>
>> I am already identified, how can I do the "verified" part?
>>

> Your nick has to be registered, and you need to login.
>
> https://www.oftc.net/Services/

hmm, I am registered already, and identified:

/msg nickserv koike <password>
You are successfully identified as koike

/msg nickserv status koike
2 (online, identified by password)

anyway, I'll check how to solve this with OFTC, I was just wondering if
any other special setting was required to join the channel.

>> Also, shouldn't the channel be easy for newcomers to join?
>>

> Yes, and it was until some days ago that we had to turn the channel to +R because of very persistent spam :/
>
> We'll deactivate that when the spam ceases.

I see, ok

Thanks
Helen