Re: DebConf18 Gender Forum

Hi Eric!

>   Hello,
>
>   I can’t edit the wiki so I will reply here.
>
>   To be blunt, I suspect people have not answered because the Questions
> section at https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/OpenDay/Gender
> consists nearly exclusively of transphobic questions that immediately
> make the page hostile and turn people away from that «diversity forum».

Which questions are you talking about?!

>   You [the person who started the email thread is the editor of the wiki
> page] may be genuinely ignorant and curious about transgender people,
> womanhood and related issues, in which case using that page to inquire
> with these questions has an effect opposite to your goal; or you may be
> disingenuously trolling readers and setting up a hostile environment on
> purpose.

In my opinion we can help DebConf team to improve these topics and the
best approach about that :-)
Sometimes people have difficult to find the best approach about
diversity issues and how to discuss that in conference.
Maybe it is happening now.

>   I’m not a native speaker, the phrasing and contents of the questions
> pushes me to the latter interpretation.

Best regards,

--
Adriana C. da Costa