Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

On 4/29/15, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org):
>> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 06:56:24PM +0200, Vincent Lejeune wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> > Debian still packages STK 0.8 (which doesnt have Sara iirc) but it
>> > will eventually package 0.9. IMHO the offending materials should be
>> > stripped off from the tracks if possible (the tracks are specified as
>> > xml file so removing mark should works in most case).
>>
>> Ok; but what is your reason for posting about this to debian-women,
>> instead
>> of having a conversation with the package maintainers?
>
> Wild guess: Vincent might want to get women's input about these issues
> instead of just having his own feeling used as the ground for
> discussion|debate with the package maintainers and/or upstream.
>
> But, of course, he probably can answer this better than me. Still, I
> don't think it to be a bad choice to have a prior discussion on
> d-w....

+1 (ditto) to that.. After maybe two seconds of wondering why it was
being posted here at Debian, what Christian said is pretty much what
crossed my own mind next.

Vincent additionally taking this to some place like Slashdot crossed
same said mind, too, by the way.. :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape(d sewing machine) *