Re: Packaging task for newbies: Separate pink-pony into program and data

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 11:59:02PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > Or do you get an error somewhere / does the build abort for you?
> > > Ah, maybe the missing debhelper and quilt can be a problem.
> > >
> > > Installing debhelper and quilt on your system makes sense in any case.
> > > Otherwise you can run pbdebuild with the --use-pdebuild-internal option.
>
> > I finally managed to update the base.tgz with
> >
> > pbuilder --update --extrapackages "debhelper quilt scons dh-buildinfo \
> > mesa-common-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libglfw-dev libxrandr-dev glee-dev \
> > libilmbase-dev libdevil-dev libftgl-dev libprotobuf-dev libtinyxml-dev \
> > libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev"
>
> That's not a good idea; you don't want to install those packages
> permanently in the "master" chroot, but let pbuilder install them
> only for this build in the copied chroot.
>
> > After attempting
> > pdebuild --use-pdebuild-internal --logfile "../pink-pony."`date +%y%m%d-%H%M%S`".pdebuild.log"
> >
> > I read the log file and found
> > I: Building the build Environment
> > I: extracting base tarball [/var/cache/pbuilder/base.tgz]
> > I: creating local configuration
> > I: copying local configuration
> > I: mounting /proc filesystem
> > I: mounting /dev/pts filesystem
> > I: Mounting /opt/lesley/dev/debian/pinkpony
> > I: Mounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache
> > I: policy-rc.d already exists
> > I: Obtaining the cached apt archive contents
> > Reading package lists...
> > Building dependency tree...
> > Reading state information...
> > passwd is already the newest version.
> > The following extra packages will be installed:
> >   debootstrap libgcrypt11 libgnutls26 libgpg-error0 libidn11 libp11-kit0
> >   libtasn1-3 wget
> > Suggested packages:
> >   rng-tools pbuilder-uml cowdancer
> > Recommended packages:
> >   fakeroot sudo devscripts
> > The following NEW packages will be installed:
> >   debootstrap libgcrypt11 libgnutls26 libgpg-error0 libidn11
> >   libp11-kit0
> >   libtasn1-3 pbuilder wget
> > debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
> >
> > So the internal pdebuild seemed to be missing quite a bit.
>
> No, it doesn't need to install the ones you have already installed
> manually before :)
> (And without the '--update --extrapackages ...' step, those packages
> would show up here now.)
>
> > I did an --update --extrapackages as one would but the thing still fails
> > with the tail of the log showing
> >
> > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> > I: Setting DEBBUILDOPTS=
> > I: Setting DEBBUILDOPTS=
> > W: no hooks of type D found -- ignoring
> > I: Copying back the cached apt archive contents
> > I: unmounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache filesystem
> > I: unmounting /opt/lesley/dev/debian/pinkpony filesystem
> > I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
> > I: unmounting proc filesystem
> > I: cleaning the build env
> > I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//25494 and its subdirectories

Full contents of the last log are :

less pink-pony.130915-193847.pdebuild.log
I: Building the build Environment
I: extracting base tarball [/var/cache/pbuilder/base.tgz]
I: creating local configuration
I: copying local configuration
I: mounting /proc filesystem
I: mounting /dev/pts filesystem
I: Mounting /opt/lesley/dev/debian/pinkpony
I: Mounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache
I: policy-rc.d already exists
I: Obtaining the cached apt archive contents
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
pbuilder is already the newest version.
pbuilder set to manually installed.
passwd is already the newest version.
I: Setting DEBBUILDOPTS=
I: Setting DEBBUILDOPTS=
W: no hooks of type D found -- ignoring
I: Copying back the cached apt archive contents
I: unmounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache filesystem
I: unmounting /opt/lesley/dev/debian/pinkpony filesystem
I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
I: unmounting proc filesystem
I: cleaning the build env
I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//25494 and its subdirectories

... and I thought I sent this last night ;\

Oh well.  My current plan is to research the build-essentials for Ubuntu and
install those anyway, read the pbuilder documentation and create a new chroot
for sid, then re-extract the dsc file - just to start from a clean slate.

I'll try to keep the existing chroot around in case you come back with
something.

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

Lesley