Re: introduction

Hi Lesley!

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM, lesleyb <lesleyb@herlug.org.uk> wrote:
> I have no idea whether you know about these things but the Debian women group
> do have an irc channel, #debian-women, on irc.debian.org.  Please visit and say
> hi there too.
>
> You can find out what we're up to there; also worth checking the list archives
> for recent topics of conversation - the archives can be found at
> http://lists.debian.org/misc.html . August was a fairly busy time on the list
> with talk about Impostor Syndrome and a mini-debconf.  You might want to look
> at that month's archive.
>
> Lastly I always suggest http://www.debian.org/devel/ as a good read. ;)
> There's a lot of info about the Debian policy, the consitution and joining
> Debian.
 I'll try to hang on IRC a bit in the afternoons. It would be more
personal I bet.
Reading mails posted in August is already on my TODO. As I've already
have packaging knowledge, I think I've a good understanging of Policy
basics. Specific parts, like for Ruby is not yet known. But it would
be an extension of the basics and will learn if I contribute to any
Ruby related package. May re-read it just to be sure. Real
contribution can be better. Even, is there any package that any of us,
women needs and not yet packaged?
I think I'll contribute and do my best, but not join as a DD. Will see later.

Regards,
Kinga