Re: Fighting Impostor Syndrome

On 08/16/2013 10:55 AM, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> One of the things that came up during the DebConf talk on Women in
> Debian is that a lot of women (and men as well) are affected by
> impostor syndrome.  This is when you feel that you are not good enough
> to "be here" (wherever here is, Debian, FOSS, your job, etc).

Just some thoughts:

I'm always amazed how much I can learn myself from helping new members.
I usually see that having someone who gives you a gentle push on the
right time is quite critical and I hope Debian Women can stay doing that.

Please don't be afraid to ask questions, posing questions shows your
interest and usually there is someone willing to help you get answers.

Cheers

Luk