Re: Thinking of organising a special mini-debconf

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Katherine Cancelado
<katherine.cancelado@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think is possible, but, I have many question about this:
> - The mini-debconf  will be international? or local (country)?

The idea is to make it international.  Of course, a mini debconf means
that it won't be as long as a DebConf (likely 2 days), so some people
might not consider it worth it to travel from very far to attend...

> In international case, what country?

Well, we have some ideas, but still nothing is set on stone.  It
depends a lot on availability of people willing to organize it.

> And in the local case, What happen with
> countries that haven't womens interesting in Debian?

Well, this is a valid question, of course.  I organized a few years
ago a similar event where all the speakers were female, but about Free
Software in general, not about Debian in specific.  If this
mini-debconf, wherever it is, is too far away from you, you might want
to get together with some other local people interested and have your
own version of it.

If the event is successful, we may want to repeat it afterwards in a
different place, but that depends on the results of this experiment.

--
Besos,
Marga