Re: Introduce myself, and spam cleaning effort

Hi Laura,

welcome on board!

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 04:37:08PM +0200, Laura Arjona wrote:
> Hello, my name is Laura Arjona, I live in Madrid (Spain) and I am a Debian user.
> (I don't know what else to say for introducing myself, feel free to ask).

Yeah, I follow you on identi.ca and I like your messages :)

> I have been lurking for a while in several debian lists (via the web
> archives) and now I want to get involved a bit.
> I thought it was an easy and useful way to help cleaning spam.
> I read the http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/ListSpamCleaning
> I reviewed the web archives for april 2012 but I did not find any spam message.
> However, in the list of reviewers, it says "4 reports" by (I suppose)
> 4 reporters: bubulle robynh tassia monica
> What should I do? Just adding myself to the list (I did nothing!) and
> that's all?

Yes, the intent is to notify others that for that month there were enough
reviewers (even if there wasn't spam).

Others potential ways to contribute to Debian could be:

* help the localisation teams in translating the website, the wiki, the
  documentation or strings of packages
  (more info: http://www.debian.org/international/Spanish)

* join the publicity team as editor of Debian Project News (more info:
  http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews/HowToContribute)

* help triaging bugs on the Debian Bugs Tracking System (more info:
  http://wiki.debian.org/BugTriage and http://wiki.debian.org/HowtoUseBTS)

* create Debian packages (more info:
  http://wiki.debian.org/IntroDebianPackaging and  http://wiki.debian.org/BuildingTutorial)

But obviously there is more: this is only a very general overview and a
starting point: then it depends on your personal preferences and
interests, on your free time, etc.

Feel free to ask here (or in our IRC chan: #debian-women on
irc.debian.org) if you have any doubt!

> Thank you very much

Thank you for contributing!

Cheers,