Re: Knitters and Coders: separated at birth?

On 5 May 2011 03:05, Meike Reichle <meike@debian.org> wrote:
> Amaya @ 15.04.2011 07:42:
>>
>> I know several femal and male geeks that knit. Meike, let's turn this
>> into a Debcamp workshop :)))
>
> I just did :)

Btw, a proposal:

     http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTpasha.html

I've made this pattern, and it's actually quite easy. The short row
shaping is pretty basic and no more complicated than a sock. It could
be interesting for a nontrivial project once beginners learn the
basics of casting on and off and knit and purl stitches. I've made
this pattern in black (Tux) and one in mauve (Gown). I don't know if
Gown was ever used outside of games (I think she's in Super Tuxkart),
but I like her.

Maybe we could auction them for Debian funding or something. :-) I'll
try to bring a couple of these already made.

Also, I've been hoping forever for someone to make a wildebeest
pattern. I'm no pattern designer, because I think that requires a
greater sense of shape and space than I have.

- Jordi G. H.