Re: Project for someone with time and will: website update

On 29/04/11 5:08 PM, Lisi wrote:
> On Friday 29 April 2011 05:59:21 Christian PERRIER wrote:
>>> website built by a bloke.  No disrespect intended to any man with
>>
>>                      ^^^^^

> In this discussion, it is just a colloquial substitute for the word "man",
> with no conotations at all.

Agreed.  It is colloquial without being offensive (maybe a reminder to those of
us who are native speakers to try to write in ways that minimize colloquialisms).

To give my opinion on the broader topic, I think that in a group like DW, there
will always be differences of opinion about discrimination, either positive or
negative, and how far these things should be taken in the context of the aims of
the group.  While respecting that others may have different opinions, it's also
important to try not to get too wound up about it lest we be distracted from
what we are trying to achieve overall.

Maybe it's time to renew the request for people to work on the website?  I
noticed there is a suggestion of an irc meeting to discuss it [1]. I think it's
a great idea.  Can those who are interested put up their hands and discuss a
time that as many people as possible can make (prob evening in Europe /
afternoon in the US works as well as possible, if I remember my timezones
correctly).

1.  http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2011/04/msg00080.html