Re: Updating stats, thinking about what to do

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Another one is a better use of communication tools: such as our identi.ca
> group [5]. I'm not a very microblogging (or blogging at all) person, but
> using it is simple and quite fun, and it's important to reach people who
> doesn't really like ML as we do ;).
> Btw, we have 62 members in debianwomen identi.ca's group. \o/

If anyone wanted to take this on, an easy way to do it would be to use
the debianwomen group's RSS feed:
http://identi.ca/api/statusnet/groups/timeline/14225.rss
along with supybot's RSS plugin

For those who aren't familiar, the way this works is that if you send
a message with the substring "!debianwomen" inside it, it's aggregated
to the debianwomen group and so shows up in the timelines of all
members of the group.  It's like having a subscription to a hashtag if
you're familiar with those.

--
Mackenzie Morgan