get involved with vidalia

Hello,

Openhatch.org is holding a 'build it' initiative in collaboration with
Vidalia, the front-end for the proxy (if installed) on your system.
So, if you have C/C++ skills, dont forget to join #vidalia on
irc.oftc.net to volunteer!

Continue reading for more details from,
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/vidalia-get-involved :

Hello everyone, for those who don't know me, I'm the one that's taking
care of Vidalia these days.

The other day I was contacted by paulproteus in the #vidalia IRC
channel about an initiative they (OpenHatch) are organizing called
"Build It".

The idea

Open Source projects live and die depending on contributors and people
that want to see the project evolve, but this isn't so easy sometimes.
The guys behind the Build It initiative have a theory about this difficulty:

    "...lots of users of free desktop software want to get involved in
customizing or contributing to the project's development, but they
haven't gotten to the first step of getting the program to compile."

Since I'm a Gentoo user for years now, the compilation part comes
naturally to me and I haven't thought of this issue that way but it's
an interesting approach.

The event

This week, people involved in Vidalia and other Open Source projects
will be at a specific time online to help users (future developers,
may be :) ) jump over this compilation wall. Particularly, Vidalia is
scheduled for this Friday at 13:00 UTC in the same place as usual:
#vidalia at OFTC.

While this event is taking place on a particular day and a particular
time, I'm online all the time (even when I'm not in front of the
computer). So if you want to contribute to Vidalia or any of the
projects around Tor (or Tor itself), don't hesitate, just get online
and start typing, but be patient and stick around. Also, you'd
probably want to read this:
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en

If you want to know more about the Buld It initiative, you can ask in
#openhatch at Freenode, or read here:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Build_it

</ https://blog.torproject.org/blog/vidalia-get-involved >

--