Re: winetricks_0.0+20210206-3_both.changes REJECTED

Hi Josch,

On 08.01.22 06:23, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
Quoting Thorsten Alteholz (2022-01-08 02:00:08)
according to some comments in the shell script: Winetricks is a package
manager for Win32 dlls and applications on POSIX.

Can I build such Win32 dlls with tools available in Debian main?
Can I build the Win32 applications with tools available in Debian main?

I think the answer to both questions is "no", so the main purpose of winetricks
is to download something that can not be part of Debian main and such the
package belongs to contrib.
then what is src:gcc-mingw-w64 for if not to build win32 libraries and
executables?

I didn't want to claim that it is not possible to cross build stuff for Windows.

What would you like me to show that can be done exactly?

I question that the DLLs/applications that winetricks downloads can be built with stuff that is already in Debian main or at least could be added.
There are lots of functions load_*() available. So first I would like to know how I can create my own versions of amstream.dll, art2kmin.exe or atmlib.dll.
Maybe also choose a typical application, tell me how to build that exe and I will see whether a diff shows no differences between the downloaded and the built version.

  Thorsten