Re: Piwigo, Owncloud, ...: doing it not right?

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Nicolas wrote:

> Not so simple. For some files yes but some others are merged.

What do you mean by "others are merged"?

> I know but if upstream does not remove flash how as a maintainer can I do ?

Same as for any migration; investigate what Flash is used for and if
HTML5 can do the same thing. If it can, file a bug report asking for
addition of HTML5 support and wait for that to be done, send a patch
to speed it up. If HTML5 can't do what Flash is used for, lobby the
browser vendors to implement a replacement and go back to your
upstream.

> It was the main issue for me that makes me stop working on that package.
> Flash is used to make upload multiple. It can be done in html5 but upstream
> don't to it completely. So I didn't know how to do it.

It looks very very simple to support multi-file uploads now, it seems
to be a single HTML <input> tag attribute:

https://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/att_input_multiple.asp

I would guess that there are JavaScript based fallbacks too.

> Don't misunderstand me, I don't reject fault. It's mainly my fault. I try to
> do my best to maintain that package but it was more and more stuff.

I wouldn't blame you for the state of web development, for that I
blame upstreams :)

--
bye,
pabs