few questions

Hi,

first of all, excuse my bad english, I'm not native speaker.

I'm trying to apply as new Debian maintainer by putting Gestioip
application in Debian.
Basically, GestioIP (http://www.gestioip.net/) is perl CGI's sitting on
mysql database, IP address management application with some additional
features , developed by Marc Uebel.

I was doing some reading about web applications in Debian and seems that
dbconfig-common is recommended way of managing databases during
installation of package, so I've made package which is instalable/removable with
dbconfig-common.

An now I have some issues;

- is it possible to make installation with dbconfig-common when database isn't on the same
machine as web frontend?

My dbc_load_include_args looks like "--dbname=database_default
--dbpass=database_password --dbuser=database_username
--dbserver=database_hostname" but during installation there isnt any
questions about database host and/or port..

-  I've was trying to get application use template file created by
dbc_generate_include but there is no values for database host and port
in that file which is a problem even with installation on localhost
because application expects some value and I must edit that file with
hand if I want to be used.

So is it possible to force dbconfig-commom to write those values?
Also, if nothing of the above isnt possible, is it very wrong to make
package which will use already included postinstallation script  for
configuring database over web interface after installation and not with
dbconfig-common?

Excuse me if these are stupid questions but actually I come from
networking and not developing world and my developing skills are
limited, but I'm learning in my spare time.
Thx in advance.

Regards,

Nenad