Re: Webapps policy: final RFC

Hi
> Comments appreciated, I'd like to get these all in and integrated by end
> of August, to push to the policy team for inclusion.

Just suggestions really - cherry pick them as you like

Chapter 2 - Terms and Conventions
'Most PHP applications are based from this type of content'
should be ->
Most PHP applications are based on this type of content

3.2 Configuration Files and Customizable Content
for information such as "themes"
should be ->
for information on the "themes"

3.5 Security measurements
Before emitting them, the data need to be checked for
should be ->
Before emitting them, the data needs to be checked for

Input for databases need to be checked against SQL
should be ->
Input for databases needs to be checked against SQL

i.e. input need to be checked for ways to escape
should be ->
i.e. input needs to be checked for ways to escape

5.2 Enabling virtual hosting facilities
SERVER_NAME and HTTP_HOST can be used to provide applications with
enough information to find what config file/script it should use
should be ->
SERVER_NAME and HTTP_HOST can be used to provide applications with
enough information to find out which config file/script should be used

5.3 Default web location of package
The static and dynamically interpreted content of a web application
should be accessable from at or underneath
should be ->
The static and dynamically interpreted content of a web application
should be accessible from, at or underneath

Chapter 6 - Tools provided to help maintenance
This centralizes the effort not only for the packageers themselves
should be ->
This centralizes the effort not only for the packagers themselves

6.2 webapps-common
The webapps-common package may be used instead of registering
applications directly with the webserver, as described in Registering
and unregistering an application with web servers section
should be ->
The webapps-common package may be used instead of registering
applications directly with the webserver, as described in the
Registering and unregistering an application with web servers section

HTH

Ian

--
http://ianlawrence.info